Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I would like to get it when it's released but I don't my iPhone to become slow.

Apple is no angel when it comes to these things, but I'll tell you those new features look like a major upgrade. Definitely want them.

Appleaker

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2016
There is a slowdown in some areas while some other areas are faster.
It won't be very noticeable but incremental slowdowns with each iOS version results in a much slower iPhone over time, as you can see with how older iPhones run the OS.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
There is a slowdown in some areas while some other areas are faster.
It won't be very noticeable but incremental slowdowns with each iOS version results in a much slower iPhone over time, as you can see with how older iPhones run the OS.

What areas are slower/faster?

Right now I'm happy with iOS 9. I don't want a slow iPhone.

Appleaker

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2016
What areas are slower/faster?

Right now I'm happy with iOS 9. I don't want a slow iPhone.
You shouldn't notice much of the slow down but it is more of a system wide thing. It should improve with future betas but will likely be still there when the final release comes out. There are videos on youtube comparing the performance I think. It's nothing to worry about at this stage but its your call.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
iOS 10 runs very well on my iPhone 6+. It's not noticeably slower than iOS 9.3.2, which in turn wasn't noticeably slower than iOS 8.4.1.

Being that the 6s is a year newer and quite a bit faster than the 6/6+, I'd expect similar results.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2016
I would like to get it when it's released but I don't my iPhone to become slow.

Apple is no angel when it comes to these things, but I'll tell you those new features look like a major upgrade. Definitely want them.
I think you'll be fine updating all the way to iOS 11, but after that you will most likely see slowdown.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.