Is the iPhone 7 game vice compatible?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AdventurousJosh, Oct 4, 2016.

1. AdventurousJosh macrumors 6502

Hey guys
    I really enjoy using the game vice controller for m iPhone 6s plus ( https://www.gamevice.com/products/iphone/ )

Does anyone know if the detentions of the iPhone 7 compatible with the game vice controller? (linked above)
    I can't find any information anyway, I'm due for an upgrade and I'd like to, but I don't want to lose my IOS controller in the process.

Any info or opinions are appreciated

Josh

2. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

I don't own a gamevice, but it should fit the iphone 7 fine with one big exception: the camera bump is bigger and in a different spot on the 7 compared to the 6 series. I was having a difficult time finding pictures of the back of the gamevice online, but if it does not really go around the camera then it should work. Maybe you can bring your gamevice to a place that has the iPhone 7 on demo and just attach the top to it to try it out.

3. mattukulele macrumors newbie

mattukulele

Unfortunately, it does not work with a 7 plus. The camera is too big. If you are trying it with a 7 though, I believe it should work.

4. mattukulele macrumors newbie

mattukulele

Definitely doesn't. I've got one that I was super excited to use, but it does not fit. The camera is simply too big.

5. AdventurousJosh thread starter macrumors 6502

6. mattjackson macrumors member

Did anyone else try this? I'm debating trying one, but have an iPhone 7, not the plus version

7. alieno macrumors newbie

I can attest to the iPhone 7 plus: it did not fit my Gamevice, however with some ingenuity and a Dremel I was able to adapt it to the camera bump with probably an hour total work (and zero experience attempting such modifications).
    I'm now a very happy user.
    Needless to say, this will void your warranty for the Gamevice.

8. mattjackson macrumors member

I ended up ordering one and it works fine with my regular 7

9. AdventurousJosh thread starter macrumors 6502

I tweeted Gamevice and they told me today that the iPhone 7 was work on the game vice, and they are working on an iPhone 7 plus version as we speak.