Is the IPod branding dropped in IOS5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Jun 6, 2011.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I seen a screenshot of IOS5 with a music icon replacing the IPod one does that mean they are no longer saying you can get an IPod in your IPhone? Would seem strange as the last IPhone ad mentioned if you don't have an IPod in your phone?

Is it just the logo that's changed or is all IPod branding gone? Also is the newsstand and IBooks separate apps? What does everybody think of the rounded shape buttons in the menus?

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

no, there is no iPod app.

very VERY stupid to me.

3. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Really?

It won't change much really but surprised they are dropping the branding. Maybe a sign they don't see IPod as important now?

It sets me in mind of Sony dropping Cybershot and Walkman in phones if you ask me it's good marketing I loved Walkman phones.

4. Awjvail macrumors 6502

I think it's a bug... there are a lot of other things besides Music in the iPod app. Videos, Podcasts etc. I think the iPod Touch icon got copied over somehow - because on the iPod Touch, a "Music" app makes sense because the Videos app is separate.

5. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

But the IPhone UK ad quotes the word "IPod" in your phone so to remove it is misleading advertising? Feature wise makes no odds but could be some confusion.

6. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

But Sony dropped it because they wanted their newer range phones to be both, so at least they had a reason. What's Apple's reason?

7. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes they had new generation Androids to focus on.

I have no idea..what is Apple's reason? Maybe they feel they have plenty of other app brands like IMovie? iBooks? Or everybody knows what music means?

I don't want to see the IPod brand dropped off IPhone or IPad.

8. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

well, whatever Apple is trying to do.. they need to stop. the Music and Video icons are ugly. at least change them if you want to do it this way.