Is the Ipod Touch 6 prone to scratches?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smorrissey, Aug 27, 2015.

1. smorrissey macrumors 65816

While my ipod touch 4 was a scratch fest my ipod touch 5 is still solid, 0 scratches up to date an i clean it each morning.

We know about the iphone 6 not being that good in that aspect.

Someone knows about the ipod touch 6?

2. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Don't get what you mean IPhone 6 not good in that aspect. I used mine for like 10 months still scratch free. Maybe cause I put apple silicone case on all the time. I think ipod touch 5 and 6 use same quality material. I saw the scruff on test unit at apple store around the lightning port area, color went off so it should be same case with touch 6 unless you get the space grey or gold.

3. GamerBoredom macrumors member

GamerBoredom

raccoonboy is correct, it is the same material. It is vulnerable to scratching, the screen is your biggest concern though. There are beautiful/wacky cases for the iPod touch 5/6 gens. The screen will need some love though, as you will get micro scratches, and those bug the heck out of me.

I do recommend Zagg glass invisible shield. Hope this helps!

4. smorrissey thread starter macrumors 65816

Someone who has one already can comment please?

5. sracer macrumors 604

sracer

My 64GB iPT4 is still pristine (because I always kept it in a case, or clear shield front and back. The mirror finish of the iPT4 was indeed a scratch magnet... it would get scratched if you simply looked at it the wrong way.

The iPT6 should be as scratch-resistant as the iPT5... only the colors and removal of the lanyard button are the only external differences between the two.

I have a 32GB blue iPT6. I used it for about a week without a case and it felt like it would do fine without one.

I haven't had a chance to get a clear shield for front and back yet so I bought a Griffin Reveal case... it lets the beautiful blue show.

But I do remove it from the case day to day... it is so sleek without it. I am not fearful that it will incur a scratch unless something significant happens.