Is the iPod touch screen strong?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by djstarrock, Nov 6, 2007.

1. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Hi I was just wondering if the iPod touch screen could handle a small fall like from trouser pocket to the ground?

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

It's possible but I have been reading posts where people have cracked the screen when they dropped their Touch/iPhone. The glass isn't shatterproof.

3. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

My stupid hoodie pockets are so shallow that it made me drop my ipod 3 times on a hard surface and nothing has happened

4. IpodFanatic macrumors newbie

i have heard so many things about ppl dropping their itouch from 1foot away from the pavement and it cracking the screen so i would recomend a good case or just be REALLY careful:):apple::eek::):cool:

5. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

... yet.

Damn dude, get a case or something. 4th time might not be a charm.

6. eddyg macrumors 6502

He wears a hoodie - say no more.

7. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

8. RedDragon870503 macrumors 6502

RedDragon870503

9. franzmueller macrumors regular

The screen is great and very strong but !! I do have some minor scratches on it ( carrying together with my keys ) also I´ve dropped a couple of times and got some small dents on the edges .

So don´t use it as a frisbee :p

Saludos

10. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

IF they are as strong as the iPhone (no pun intended) they are quite resilient check here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czCCavcnNd8 its one of the stress tests. Clearly shows it can handle some abuse (shock or fall-wise, not scratching-wise I think they don't have the same resistance to that). BTW, sorry for not narrowing down the link, don't know how.

-Victor

11. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

12. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

so yeah.

Attached Files:

13. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

actually my dad ran over my touch with his truck. I thought it was a goner! But actually the screen is so strong that it made another touch appear! I have two now!

14. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Care for pics :rolleyes: ejej do you literally mean that it cracked in two pieces?? Anyway.. sorry dude, loosing any Apple product is terrible.

-Victor

15. skir0987 macrumors regular

They do crack

I dropped mine in the airport the other day and it landed on the corner... and this happened:

[​IMG]

I just got it fixed by iResQ for $130... a pretty big price to pay. One second it's fine, then the next $130 down the drain. I got the iClear and it's working really well and comes with a screen protector. I definitely recommend getting a case for the iPod though as it is not completely unbreakable as other people have said.

Shep

16. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

This is why I am no longer interested in the iPhone. I can't imagine having to baby my daily-use cell phone the way I do with my Touch.

17. rgiesler macrumors newbie

Ipod touch

Ipod touch I thought was great when I first got it. And I still like it, but the quality is not so good. I have problems with the screen, it doesn't always work, sometimes you can't turn the volume down or you can't click play or pause, it kinda freezes. I dropped the stupid thing about a foot from the ground and it cracked in three places and it is so hard to get ahold of apple for warranty information. Overall I would NOT recommend it, it's a bust in the ass.:mad:

18. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

19. Goliath macrumors regular

Goliath

He probably stole it off some little kid. Be careful what you say though- he's probably got a knife and will 'shank' anyone that questions him! ;)

20. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Its not that hard. All you have to do is get a rubber case and it will be fine. Ive dropped mine multiple times while it was in the case and its still perfect. Also, I do not have a screen protector, the case leaves the screen about half an inch above the ground when it falls.