Is the iPod touch showing up in retail stores (best buy, target, walmart, etc) yet?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gadgetfan29, Oct 12, 2012.

1. gadgetfan29 macrumors newbie

Has anyone seen the new iPod show up in retail stores other than Apple Stores (target, best buy, etc) yet? I noticed that some online stores seem to be getting them in so hopefully that is a good sign - B&HPhoto seems to have some of the 64gb in stock already but the expected date for some of the 32gb isn't until November!! :eek:

Was hoping to get my hands on one this weekend!! :D

2. gadgetfan29 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just a little update - Target's website states that the iPod is out of stock online but the Find in Store button pops up. When I try to check any store in my area, it says they are all out of stock. Anyone else have any luck?:confused:

3. crono3 macrumors newbie

Nope, there doesn't appear to be any in all of South FL's Targets. They're probably just getting their system ready for their shipment :confused:

4. dthree36 macrumors regular

According to what I have found, looks like the official release date for the 5th ten is today. I placed an order with Best Buy 9/20. I just received an update and it says that both my iPods are on back order with a ship date of 1-2 weeks.

This is a bit odd because I would figure they would have enough stock to meet demand but perhaps the 5th gen is going to be desired as much as the iphone 5. It really doesn't matter for me because my two ipods ordered are for Xmas gifts.

Local stores other than apple do not have them in my area.

5. gadgetfan29 thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like certain colors and sizes are now available online at Target for shipping. When I go to checkout, it says it would be delivered between 10/18 and 10/22. Hopefully that means it won't be long until they are in actual stores!!!

6. bruceclay85 macrumors member

bruceclay85

I've tried my local Wlamarts and Best Buys here in Texas to no luck. The closest Apple store is a good 300 miles away. Looks like a road trip to me...

7. gadgetfan29 thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like some of the Best Buys are starting to get stock in. None of the locations that are close to me of course. Walmart is now showing site to store shipping available for pick up on 10/19.