Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
anyone else agree?? when i am holding it browsing the web or something it just doesn't feel right. sometimes it has slipped because of how thin it is and slipped into the gap in the couch. i just feel if it was a bit thicker it would nicely fit in the hand. however, i do love the thiness of it when comparing to other iPod's and when it is in my pocket.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Feels great in my hand, really solid enough...

P.S. Spellcheck your avatar...

bogman12

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
the touch is a bit thing for me as well.. It has fallen out of my hand and onto the bathroom floor precisely because of this.

Nova69

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
Me too!

I thought that I'd never want to cover up my Touch, but after a few near-misses, I had to go for a leather case. It's just too thin and slick for me to be comfortable hand-holding. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one.

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
I think it's perfect. I previously owned the world's largest mp3 player (it was like four years old), so I am very grateful to have a thin media player.

FunkyMonkey

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2007
Right behind you
After comparing my Touch to an iPhone at the Apple store, nothing can change my mind that the Touch is better. The iPhone feels like a brick compared to the thinness (is that a word?) of the iPod Touch.

floxir

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2007
anyone else agree?? when i am holding it browsing the web or something it just doesn't feel right. sometimes it has slipped because of how thin it is and slipped into the gap in the couch. i just feel if it was a bit thicker it would nicely fit in the hand. however, i do love the thiness of it when comparing to other iPod's and when it is in my pocket.

Maybe you shoud get an microsoft zune, it is thick enough :p

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2007
USA
Actually the new Zunes are iPod Nano sized..

...and still suck balls.

You can never be too thin...well, maybe you can, but the touch slips right into my pocket. It is really nice. The iPhone looks like a brick next to it!

PuppyLuv

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2007
Alabama
...and still suck balls.

You can never be too thin...well, maybe you can, but the touch slips right into my pocket. It is really nice. The iPhone looks like a brick next to it!

Have you ever used one? I don't think people should make judgments unless they have.. anyway staying on topic, I have an iPhone, but I personally like the bigger size.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I think the touch is a more svelte and beautiful device, but for the purposes of usability I think the chunkier iPhone is probably a bit better.

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
"Eat, eat, you're skin and bones," I tell my iPod touch daily. She doesn't listen, though. She's got a complex for which we're seeking help.

aft

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
Have you ever used one? I don't think people should make judgments unless they have.. anyway staying on topic, I have an iPhone, but I personally like the bigger size.

my old roomate owned one i borrowed for a week after breaking my 4th gen iPod. It SUCKED. Mind you and I know this is suicide on this site, but I am a Windows user so don't think I'm just a fanboy.

Aaleck

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Michigan, USA

Agreed, i own a zune 30gb and would choose it over any other ipod (besides the ipod touch)

Spritey

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2006
Canada/Norway/USA
Can it really be 'too' thin?

Then again, I've never experienced any of the problems you seem to have, perhaps it's cause I've got tiny little girl hands

Spritey

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2006
Canada/Norway/USA
the touch is a bit thing for me as well.. It has fallen out of my hand and onto the bathroom floor precisely because of this.

Just a general advice:

iPods and bathrooms (read: water) don't go well together... :eek:

Don't people bring magazines with them to the bathroom anymore? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.