Is the leather loop infinitely adjustable?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Sirious, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Does anyone know if the leather loop straps are also infinitely adjustable like the milenese loops are? (The milenese loop is fully magnetic).

I went for the SG Watch, and wanted a new strap to go with it, but obviously the black leather loop blends in more with the SG watch, than the milenese loop.

Apple's website just says "Magnets concealed within the soft, quilted leather allow you to simply wrap it around your wrist for a precise fit and a trim look.". It's not really clear.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. shayanhooshmand macrumors member

Yes, there are no clasps or anything so you can close the band wherever you'd like. It's super comfortable too. I got the bright blue leather loop with the SG Sport.

3. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

The leather loops are the most comfortable bands, IMO. They work just like the Milanese loop, except they are leather rather than metal. The leather loops are also the only non-standard bands that match the Apple Watch Sport.

The only downside to the leather loop is that the leather looks cheap. I suspect that is partly a consequence of Apple having to incorporate a magnet inside the band.

4. Sirious thread starter macrumors 65816

Sirious

Perfect. Just cancelled my order for a white sports band, and ordered the black leather loop :D

5. SpenceMan01 macrumors member

Far more minutely adjustable than the other bands, but I don't think it's quite as "infinite" as the Milanese loop. The grommet on the strap tends to want to sit between the pads, so it'll adjust in increments of a few millimeters. Look at the profile pictures of the band and you'll see what I mean.

6. applepuree macrumors 6502

applepuree

As the band loops around the bar in the second band part, it has to rest on one of the dips in the band the lumps have the magnets. So its not indefinitely variable but it is very good. It holds better than the Milanese in my opinion and it more comfortable, the magnet in the Milanese band is just at the end.

7. Sirious thread starter macrumors 65816

Sirious

That sounds ok, and what I was expecting :)

8. hans1972 macrumors regular

To me, the questions depends on which atomic theory you subscribe to.
    :rolleyes: