is the light on the magsafe supposed to...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mr. buttons, Feb 9, 2008.

1. mr. buttons macrumors newbie

turn off. When my macbook pro is fully charged the light on the magsafe turns off. Is this normal because on my older ibook, it always stayed green. thanks

2. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

3. Icewind macrumors regular

Icewind

I'm colour-blind, so the little light on the magsafe looks identical to me regardless of charge lol. But I've never seen it go off (indicating fully charged).

4. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

it's always on when plug-in, either green or orange.

5. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Orange= Charging

Green= Charged

Off= Buggered

6. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

lol, also when it's not plugged in.

7. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

i had my mag safe replaced for this reason because it just seemed wrong-- i still have times where the light on it goes off when it is fully charged, but it still works, so i try not to pay attention to it

8. mr. buttons thread starter macrumors newbie

ok and by "buggered" do you mean broken or messed up.

the thing is that when I plug in the mag safe adapter it charges all the way until it turns green and when it turns green for like 5 mins, then the light goes off.

Is there something wrong here? Everything seems to function normally but the light just turns off after it is fully charged.

Should I check this out with apple? thanks

9. ABernardoJr macrumors 6502

The light on my charger usually stays on pretty much all the time, even when it's not plugged into the MBP but the plug in the wall itself. Sometimes it looks like its off also but it only has a bit of a faint green glow to it when you put your hand over to make shadow it and see the light. It's been messed up since my battery was before, but I got the battery replaced and tried to see if the adapter needed to be replaced while I was at the apple store. They said it worked fine, even though now the adapter seems a little messed up sort of, but it's fine because it doesn't affect the battery now.

10. mchank macrumors regular

I've been having this same problem lately although it might have been happening earlier and I just never noticed. The green light will go out but my macbook still says its plugged in. I have to replug in my laptop to get the green light back. It happens randomly so I don't know how to recreate it at the Genius Bar.