Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I am also new to mac. I got my 1st mac in July and I found it so easy. My wife had a Toshiba w/ Vista and after seeing her restart it 3-4 times a day because it locks up. I got the whitebook w/ the 2.4 Ghz and I loved it. The new macbooks came out and I wished i waited. My wife wanted my whitebook and I got a 2.4 GHz glassbook and my wife loves her new Mac. either of ours never locked up, and her Ipod finally works right. She always had problems with her Ipod and Vista.
We are very happy and it's we feel it's worth the money.
About the adapters, I'm not happy but oh well. Anyone else remembers the days when when you got a cell phone and it came with a wall charger, car charger and a ear piece? I just think it's another way to make money. I even remember when you got a new printer and it came with the cable, now you have to buy one.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
I definitely think a MacBook is worth it (if you are looking for something portable). If you were just looking at getting into macs, I would suggest a MacMini or an iMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.