Is the Magic mouse available in bricks and mortar Apple stores yet?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by glossywhite, Oct 20, 2009.

1. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

I really, REALLY need the Magic mouse - is it available in the physical, bricks and mortar Apple stores yet?. My local Apple store (Leicester, UK) said call back tomorrow as they're expecting new Mac stock... but does that include the Magic mouse?.

If anyone has bought one, I'd be pleased to hear from you/them.

Thanks

2. intrktevo macrumors newbie

anyone know when best buy will get them in? i have a gift card i need to use

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

According to Apple's press release, they will be available at the end of the month.

4. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

:confused: So... the iMac (which includes the Magic mouse) ships between 1-3 days... but the mouse is not available?. It says ships between 5-7 days for the mouse alone, also...

Makes sense. Not.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It makes perfect sense. The first batch of new mice went into the iMacs. Would you have sold them as stand alones before including them on your kick ass new computers?

6. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

You're talking complete nonsense - "first batch" my _rse - Apple are KNOWN for making sure stock is available - your "first batch" theory makes no sense. So, if they were still un-made, why does the site say 5-7 days, hmm?. They're making electronics, not perishable fruit pies!!.

They ARE in stock, just being held back - why on EARTH would there be a shortage, when Apple control the manufacturing process?. I don't think you have thought this through properly. Do you SERIOUSLY think that they've UNDER-produced something as revolutionary and desirable as this?. Give me a break.

7. goMac macrumors 603

Errrr... I'm hoping you forgot the /s tag....

Probably were manufacturing issues and they had to make sure they got the new iMac boxes filled first. Happens all the time with new Apple products. This isn't exactly a unsurprising.

8. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

/s tag??... :confused:

Anyhow, who cares - I'll call the store tomorrow. End of.

9. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

Just called Apple. Im giving my MBP in for AppleCare this thursday. The person on the phone said they should be available! I called the Square One location in Mississauga if anyone here knows where that is :rolleyes: I will let you know if I see it there! I can't wait to pick it up if it's there! So excited!

10. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

I just called the Square one store - they said they're hoping towards the end of the week.

11. joe2uk macrumors newbie

Available at Regent St London yet?

Hi All,

Tried the usual call the store but got fed up with waiting for an answer, can anyone confirm magic mouse is available in Regent Street, London store?

Joe

12. LouisBlack macrumors 6502

I've just been to the Kingston Apple Store in London and they don't have any. They said they might have them in later today but can't be sure. I reckon it'll be available next week at the earliest.

13. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Oh joy for you, having to venture out to that chav-invested dump - haha!. I used to go to the Bentall centre weekly... UGH!!!.

Back on-topic - Apple store Leicester have confirmed they *should* be in stock by NEXT week.

14. LouisBlack macrumors 6502

Haha! I'm only working there for the next week and a half....

15. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

Whatever you do don't order it online. Everytime a new product has come out and I've ordered it online it's shown up in the store before my order ships. With my 24" ACD it was on the same day.

16. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

First, don't take too much stock in the "5-7 days" date for the mouse: if they have them available, they very well may ship them sooner. I've had that happen to me before when ordering from the online Apple Store.

Second, the poster you just freaked out at actually as a valid point; while they make their best guesses and try to have enough, they can only produce a finite amount of mice--I'm sure they want to get them in to the iMacs first (since they come with them). If all goes well, like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if your mouse shipped "early" when you order standalone.

17. Zokim macrumors member

Ditto, had the same experience too, shipped earlier.

Mine is supposed to arrive 29-2nd...Hopefully earlier!

18. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Talked to 5 Apple stores in Texas today. This morning 4 said "I don't know when we'll get em," and one said (very confidently at that), "We should be getting them later today, call back at 2 PM and find out for sure." I called all of them back 8 hours later, and all of them said no luck, and the store that told me to call back at 2 (albeit a different employee this time) said "Try early next week at best."

I really wish they would have had these available.

19. trunkster macrumors member

I tried calling the Lynnwood, WA one tonight and they said they didn't have any in stock. I asked if he knew when and he just said that they don't know until they open the box. I figure most stores get shipments on tuesdays and thursday, at least their main shipments, so I'll be calling back tomorrow. I tired searching twitter and it doesn't sound like anyone has one yet.

20. Lbdog5 macrumors newbie

I went to the Apple store and they said the magic mouse will be out by the end of the week. It's because of a firmware update for older macs to recognize and edit options on the mouse like what certain buttons do. The new iMacs come with the firmware already loaded.

21. nik2740 macrumors newbie

Also fed up with waiting on the phone. I was calling again as when I did get through yesterday the chap on the phone told me two weeks at the earliest. And this after I had been into a reseller in Derby(!?) on Sunday who told me he was getting them in two days. He even had one in stock to play with...

They can be so annoying. Why not just give us a date so we can shut up about it?