is the MagSafe still Safe?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by accessoriesguy, Aug 16, 2011.

1. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

I just read another post about the magsafe, and I was wondering, since the macbook is so light, does the magsafe still unattached naturally, or does it actually require a decent force to remove it.

Preferably would want accidentally walking through the magsafe while the MBA is charging, sort of results.

This is only to satisfy my curiosity :p

2. marrzie macrumors regular

It depends which way you have the cable running and where you kick the cable. For example if you have the cable running towards the front of the computer and trip over the cable while passing in front of the computer where the computer is on your left then yes it can spin it half way around before the magsafe disconnects. As long as you take care which way the cable runs in relation to where you will be walking you will be safe.

3. jackyyeow macrumors 6502

Having a MagSafe doesn't mean you can leave your cable lying around or walking around without cautions.

It's like having airbag, seatbelt, ABS, reinforced car body, does that mean you can drive like a drunk idiot?:D

4. turbotoes macrumors regular

The way people drive where I live...... That would be a YES.

5. accessoriesguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol that was funny,
    I was only wondering because my engineering senses were wondering if the magsafe was still serving its purpose.

I still think the magsafe is great, i mean you don't wear out the charger piece like other laptops that I know, and it can save you from dropping your computer. I just wondered with the MBA being so light if it would just float away on the simple power of the magnet.

6. Henry Spencer macrumors newbie

I actually just tripped over my magsafe wire connected to my 11" air. Disconnected without even moving the computer, boy was I happy.