Is the Marware Microshell Folio the best case of its kind for around $30?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by StealthGhost, May 7, 2012.

1. StealthGhost macrumors regular

http://www.marware.com/microshell-folio-case-for-the-new-ipad

[​IMG]

Trying to decide on a case, I've narrowed it down to this. I'd like the CEO one they make for the protection and better stand positions but it seems like it's too bulky

Is this the best slim folio type case for around $30 or am I missing a better one?

Thanks

2. mr.thing macrumors member

It's with three fold smar cover. I'd avoid it as I think in may not be very stable especially in standing position.
    Thre are a lot of similar cases with four fold smart cover. Have a look on Invellop, yoobao iSmart or Jisoncase (non leather version). They are all in the same $30 price range. Yoobao is leather btw.
    I have Invellop. Ordered iSmart yesterday to have a look and compare.

3. ZipZap macrumors 601

Its not $30 its $60 and if the material is like the Microshell back only case (which is $30), then it shows fingerprints and has a slick feel.

4. StealthGhost thread starter macrumors regular

On Amazon and eBay for 30

5. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I had one and returned it. Didn't like the feel of the outside, the inside was hard (especially the bottom).When I had my iPad 2 I had a Khomo case (looks like the Marware but (IMO) made much better). They just got the iPad 3 version, I got it and I think it is great.

It comes in a lot of colors if you search Amazon some of which are Prime shipping if you have Prime. Unfortunately the black one was not Prime shipping. This is the black: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CI7V1Q/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

For other colors just search for: KHOMO DUAL CASE and make sure it is iPad 3 version. The seller is also very responsive. For $23 you can't go too far wrong for a case that covers front and back. Yes, the magnets work fine.

There is a large thread here from a while back (just search KHOMO) and most of the reviews are pretty positive.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I have 2 of these (they sent me a free one, magnet issues). I ripped off the front cover and now use the back shell with a black leather smart cover. Not much bulk is added with these.