Is the MBA trackpad button louder on the left?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by aaquib, Apr 11, 2009.

1. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

It seems like the left of the trackpad button is a lot more "clicky", louder, and firm than the right side. I was just wondering if this was how the MBA was designed, or whether something was wrong with my trackpad. When I look at it eye-level, it's clear that the left side is higher positioned than the right side. The right side looks like its a flawless fit, while the left looks like it's popping out. I may be emphasizing a bit there, but it's clear to me that the left side is louder than the right side.

2. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

i've seen that with several macbook airs, the old macbook pros etc. Honestly, just enjoy your macbook air. I wouldn't consider this a problem.

3. tsubikiddo macrumors regular

I am a rev.B MBA.
    No, it's not louder on the left

clicking on both ends are both silent & smooth, the clicky point is in the middle, where the button is

would it be possible that there is a mis-alignment? wanna bring ur MBA in for a regular health check?;)

4. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

I don't see this being an overall huge issue, but I do understand where you are coming from though. On my Rev. B, my trackpad button is actually much louder on the right than on the left. However, it's no bother to me.

5. acurafan macrumors 6502a

just curious why was there a button on the MBA compared to the new MB/MBP?? also, does the trackpad support full gestures like the newest MB/MBP?

6. Carl Abudephane, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  7. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

Thanks for the input, but the closest Apple Store near me is a huge pain to get to, meaning I would have to send it in. I guess it's a minor issue that I'm going to get used to. I personally still prefer it over the extremely loud noise that my unibody MacBook trackpad makes.

8. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I noticed that the track pad on the Rev B is much LOUDER. So much so that I have trained my fingers to use the trackpad...

But whether it's on the right or left.... Ummmm.....

9. stoconnell macrumors 6502

Mine seems to make a sharp click in the middle and a more mushy (if you will) click toward either edge. I primarily use tap to click.

10. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

It's prolly just an effect of how much each side is used; the button on my 12" PowerBook is firmer on one side and softer on the other. Chalk it up to your MBA having a little personality of its own :)

11. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

whoa, weird. my MBP (unibody) is louder on the left side too.

since don't suffer from OCD though, I will likely never notice it again.

12. dehory macrumors regular

I actually just noticed this problem today -- it definitely wasn't a problem before. I wonder if some kind of particle slipped in under the button...

13. mykoljay macrumors member

Yeh, I notice it occasisionally. doesn't bother me anymore (Rev a owner)

14. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

Only on the defective ones!

I have seen several ones like that, but the one I am using now is perfect :)

However, it might not be a deal breaker to some if it works unlike those that do not even register.