Is the MBPro yelowing issue still there? (after 10/1/07)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zoran, Nov 1, 2007.

1. zoran macrumors 68020

Just trying to make another check on if the new shipments have any yellowing issues! So if u have a 15" led MBPro manufactured after 10/1/07 with yellowing issues or not just let us know!
    I hope Apple has resolved the problems!

2. miha macrumors newbie

I got my new MBP 29th Oct, 2007
    No yellow issue

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68020

The date of purchase isnt important, the date of manufacture is!

4. verveshen macrumors member

Manufacture week: 43
    LED panel: 9c68 (samsung?)

I still have the bottom 3rd yellow issue! BTW, can anyone please show me where I can download the color profile to maximumly eliminate the yellowish issue? THX!

5. majidf macrumors member

Yes, its still an issue and they got other issues as well but maybe not that common.

6. zoran thread starter macrumors 68020

what other issues?

7. majidf macrumors member

Some of them are

* Keyboard feeling like sandpaper
    * Broken power brick, excessive force needed to connect or disconnect the power cord to the brick
    * Battery issues such as loosing power to quickly or fluctuating in reporting number of load cycles
    * Sound problems, crackling or dropped sound for a few seconds.
    * Wireless issues such as kernel panics
    * Assembly line issues, such as abused laptop shipping where the mouse or case is dented.
    * Current going throught the case, in some cases its very high specially near the ethernet port if you use shielded ethernet connector and touch it and the case with the same hand. I have no idea as to why.

But I doubt these are common except maybe for battery issue, and these are I had myself, but Apple compensated me and treated me well and I like Mac OS X so im staying. But im not satisfied with their QC and I wish all of this didnt happen, least not after the third replacement where I was satisfactory compensated.

8. zoran thread starter macrumors 68020