Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you happy with your Mighty Mouse?

• im happy with mine

Votes: 63 63.0%
  • not impressed

Votes: 37 37.0%

• Total voters

SwitchedBack2XP

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2006
This is such a subjective thread since, with no real science involved.

you like mouse A then good for you, doesn't mean guys B, C, D will.

dbhays

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2005
Salinas, CA
It looks even more like a horse suppository now without the tail. Maybe I will pick one up. Since the BT introduction, I pulled out my MM and it is not as bad as I remembered (as a mouse, not a suppository:D ).

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
Thanks for the replies everyone. Im gonna save and get me a BT MM!

i0Nic said:
Can you use the scroll-ball to open a new tab in safari when clicked?
maybe, but i think it'd be something you have to script yourself.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
A lot of people seem to have had bad experiences with their MightyMouses but I've been very lucky I think. No problems at all with it and mine was second hand. I love the mouse shaped optical light too!

Very very tempted by the BT version. Would be great with my MB!

JurgenWigg

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
Baltimore
it works a lot better that other wireless mice i've tried - very little to no delay at all.

My one grip is that when playing Warcraft 3, the right click is very sporatic and I have to hunt around the mouse to find out where to click. On other programs/desktop, it's perfect, anyone know how to fix the warcraft 3 thing?

bep207

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2006
it works great

IF YOU CLEAN IT

its annoying but the scroll ball needs cleaned with an alcohol wipe about once a month.
if you dont do this the ball will stop scrolling down because it gets filled with dust

i took mine to the apple store and thats what they did to fix it
now i just clean mine every couple weeks

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
I converted to Mac about 3 months ago after decades of using a pc. After 3 months, I just gave into my 2nd button craving and bought a RadTech BT600.

I absolutely love it and would highly recommend it to anyone that just cant kick the right click 2nd button habit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.