Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Why do people keep asking this? Is your phone too small for browsing? I browse on my phone all of the time, personally.

Yes actually it is.... I rarely browse on it because I rarely have my reading glasses with me while out and about.

I find the mini small, and have avoided doing much with it since we got it last week. I love the size - but the font size is to small until they figure out if I can have bifocals I guess.

Oh well, it is indeed a personal problem! :eek:

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I found myself constantly zooming in with the original mini, and magazines almost unreadable. Have only had the retina mini a few hours, but haven't needed to zoom in yet. On the original mini I would have to zoom in to make the text clear, not an issue at all anymore.

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
Ipad4/Air are good for web browsing. you will be doing lot of pinch and zooming on mini.

that's why I would never get a mini. I work for AT&T and I find myself pinching any zooming a lot when I have to demo the minis. they're too small IMO. my iPad Air is the perfect size for me.

ddaniel

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2007
My opinion

If you don't want to zoom, you could always just flip the mini to landscape... Mini in landscape is a wider viewing area than the air in portrait.

Another bonus of browsing on the mini is you don't have to move your fingers as far to click links.

I had no issue browsing on the original mini, and with the significant speed increase and better screen, the experience is improved on the mini retina.

Between the air and the mini, I don't really think you can go wrong... It's just personal preference. I used the air for 10 days and returned it for he new mini. Still undecided which I prefer, but so far the form factor and convenience of the mini is winning out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.