Is the Moshi keyboard cover compatible with the Twelve South Surface Pad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sylphadora, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Sylphadora macrumors member

Does anyone know if the Moshi ClearGuard Keyboard protector for the MBP is compatible with the Twelve South Surface Pad??

I think the Surface Pad doesn't cover the keyboard, and I knowthe Moshi keyboard cover only covers the keyboard, but still I'm not sure if they should be able to fit together in a 13" MBP. Does anyone know for sure?? I'm putting together my shopping list :p

I know I want the Incase Hardsell cover and the Moshi keyboard protector for sure, but right now I'm thinking about getting the Surface Pad, too :)

2. riptideMBP macrumors 6502

Yes they work fine together ( i had them both), but with the added black of the surfacepad, the discoloration of the keyboard guard is pretty noticeable, so I opted to remove it. I love my surfacepad though!

3. Sylphadora thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply, Riptide!! ;) But what do you mean about the discoloration of the keyboard protector? :confused: Is there a problem with it?

Lol, I'm obsessed with the protection of my future brand new MBP :p Apart from the laptop itself I'm getting the following things:

- An Incase Hardshell case in grape (but it's sold out right now).
    - The Moshi keyboard protector.
    - Surface Pad in pink.
    - Possibly a BookBook case to carry my baby around.

I'm not sure about the BookBook case, though. Will I be able to fit the laptop WITH the Incase on in the BookBook case?? I want a case to protect my laptop all the time, I mean, a case that's never to be removed but when I have to clean it. The Incase case serves that purpose, but I'm not sure if the BookBook case can be used that way... However, it looks perfect for storage and transportation :) And it's just too cool, I'm not going to lie about it!! :p

4. riptideMBP macrumors 6502

the keygaurd isn't perfectly clear, so the keys looked funny next to my black surfacepad... I'm not sure that you would have the same problem.

5. Sylphadora thread starter macrumors member

Lol, with a purple case, a pink Surface Pad, possibly a book-looking transport case and the keyboard protection I think my MBP will be so personalized that nothing will look weird on it :p I think I'm getting the keyboard protection, since I'm obsessed with keeping my laptop in mint condition. Thanks for your help!! :)