Is The New Apple Ipod Touch Worth Getting?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by traxxasthomas, Sep 7, 2010.

1. traxxasthomas macrumors member

Is the new apple ipod touch worth getting. Could you give me a list of specs on it. I dont want to spend $280.99 on something that is not a good as apple says.

Come on I need some help here. :eek::eek:

2. Abscissa macrumors regular

3. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

The specs are on the website and reviews are posted on different sites like Engadget

4. traxxasthomas thread starter macrumors member

macmall, amazon, I think bestbuy.

5. felt. macrumors 6502a

it does what you want at a price that is acceptable for you? = buy it.
    it does what you want at a price that is unnaceptable for you? = don't buy it.
    it doesn't do what you want = don't buy it.

simple!

6. vanzantapple macrumors 6502

vanzantapple

I assume you've read the the iPod Touch section on Apple's site.

The only specs that aren't out yet(that I know of) are the amount of RAM and the speed of the CPU. Sure there are rumors flying around but no facts yet.

New today: Confirmation that the screen is NOT an IPS screen or the iPhone 4 screen. Engadget's review showed the quality of the back mounted still and video cam. The still looked good for a 0.7M pixel camera in good light, the HD video looked great for a camera of this size. I am impressed with the HD video.

Oh yeah, there have been 3 or 4 reviews so far on this device and in every one, the Touch got great reviews.

Here is Apples Tech Specs Page for this device.

Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Best of Luck!

7. traxxasthomas thread starter macrumors member

8. vanzantapple macrumors 6502

vanzantapple

Maybe you should state what you are planning on using it for, that way the forum members can help you to make a better decision on the iPod Touch.

9. pcuser94 macrumors member

yes

10. traxxasthomas thread starter macrumors member

Yes sorry, notes, memos, games, taking photos, taking videos, iMovie YouTube, internet, movies, eBay daily use, ect...

CAN IT HANDLE THIS??? are the photos it takes clear like the iphone 4

11. gta50419 macrumors 6502

you want a hd video cam?

if you do it's worth getting
    if you don't it's not worth getting

12. Cat-toy macrumors member

Do you own an iPhone 4?

13. Neebee macrumors 6502a

If the OP actually intends to take pics webcam and have an all in one device, I would say probably.

For me, I wouldn't get one but the wife wants me to buy it for her. I would rather buy a more practical and versatile mini-notebook and use that for travelling instead a heavy laptop. the ability to use VOIP and video calling that is jitter free without broken voice important. I dont believe the touch or the iPhone 4 can deliver in these areas.

14. vanzantapple macrumors 6502

vanzantapple

I don't have an iPhone. But the iPhone gets a lot of praise for the quality of the back camera(5 MP). It's just a lot better. Period. The new Touch will not take photos anywhere near as good as the iPhone. I know the MP myth but there is no way that the Touch's cam is in the same ballpark as the iPhone 4. Just wait a few days, there will be a lot of photos and videos shot from the new iPod T4 and we will all know more about the camera's capabilities.

As for the rest of your question. Yes it will handle all of those fine.

15. Cat-toy macrumors member

In reality, any item you are considering buying you need to consider a few things:

1. will it impact you financially in a way that would change your lifestyle.
    2. are you buying it for investment potential/resale next year
    3. insert #3 here

In the case of the IPT4 the camera still ability will not be better than an IP4. Also if IPS Retina grabs you, the IPT4 is not. I say this assuming you own an IP4 as you asked if it will be as "good".

The new ipod Touch is totally worth it if You do not own an iPhone4. If you own one already and are concerned about pic quality, then you may want to step back and see in person what the iPod Touch can do in person.

Just my 2cents.