Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
or is production just slow. Still waiting on my iPad from Verizon. Next week is scheduled ship date

The stock is probably limited because people are buying 2 or 3 iPad Pro and returning 2 after a few days.

Those iPads returned could have been sold to another customer. Well they have to be send back to the factory to repack and then resell. Takes time.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
My local Apple store has had stock since day 1 and never gone out. Might just be the limited quantities allocated to resellers.

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
The stock is probably limited because people are buying 2 or 3 iPad Pro and returning 2 after a few days.

Those iPads returned could have been sold to another customer. Well they have to be send back to the factory to repack and then resell. Takes time.

I would be surprised if a significant enough number of people do this to make a dent. Those people would be really, really overrepresented on this forum.

AJB1971

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2011
On the last investors' conference call Apple did mention that there were some problems matching supply with demand and that would affect the current quarter. Based on a process of elimination, I took that to mean the iPad Pro. The availability of their other new products seems fine.

I’m assuming it's most likely due to supply chain issues.

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
I just purchase a brand new iPad Mini 4 just a few minutes ago! BB was offering $100 off! My battery is getting bad and Apple store told me just buy a new one! A week ago purchase a 11” and return it for a 12.9”. I will try to do my only battery replacement when I have some time to kill! Apple better not release an iPad Mini 5 and/or Pro in 2019!

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
The Smart Folio Keyboard cases are out of stock in HK for nearly a week.

Wonder when Apple will get new stock.

Strange that Apple has no stock of the Smart folio Keyboard Case.

They have the iPads not no pencil and case.

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas
I just purchase a brand new iPad Mini 4 just a few minutes ago! BB was offering $100 off! My battery is getting bad and Apple store told me just buy a new one! A week ago purchase a 11” and return it for a 12.9”. I will try to do my only battery replacement when I have some time to kill! Apple better not release an iPad Mini 5 and/or Pro in 2019!
The iPad mini 5 is already out. It’s called the XS Max. Lol
I’ve been waiting for a new iPad Mini for a couple of years. I gave both of mine to my kids. I use the 11 inch and 12.9 inch now. But I would be very interested in a iPad mini 5.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Only Apple really knows for sure as we have no idea about their inventory.

These days, I do not see any Apple hardware flying off the shelves, but then we have the holiday season just around the corner.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
I’ve been waiting for a new iPad Mini for a couple of years. I gave both of mine to my kids. I use the 11 inch and 12.9 inch now. But I would be very interested in a iPad mini 5.

iPhone XS Max is just slightly smaller than the iPad Mini. It’s one of the reasons for me to not consider the 11” iPad Pro this year.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013

Ming Chi Kuo said a new iPad mini is coming. Some people thought it would be announced before the end of the year. But i’m Thinking the iPad mini 5 will be announced in March alongside the update to the regular 9.7” iPad. My only question is will the new iPad Mini finally get pencil support?

But that brings up another question. Will Apple keep producing TWO different Apple pencils? It seems odd for Apple. If not, will Apple then update the regular iPad & possibly next iPad mini with the same flat edged design with slimmer bezels as the pros so they can charge the new Apple Pencil? Makes sense.

And if so, will the 9.7” keep the same size screen but just shrink it’s overall size like the new 12.9” did? And will the new iPad mini stay the same physical size but increase it’s screen size from 7.9” to 8.5” like the 11” Pro did? Or will Apple combine them into one new device?

Or...will Apple keep them the same sizes and leave the bezels, but give them flat edges to charge the new pencil? - So they look different then the pros but can still charge the new Apple Pencil? I assume both still won’t get Pro motion to differentiate them from the pros?

But I think the Apple Pencil is key. I don’t see Apple continuing to produce 2 types of Apple pencils for long. So would that mean the regular iPad & new mini would get usb-c too?

*** Or maybe Apple will wait until 2020(the 10th anniversary of the regular iPad) until they update the regular iPad & possibly mini with the new flat edge design, usb-c and new Apple Pencil. By then MicroLED will be ready for the iPad pros...so that might be enough of a difference between the two. Aaaaaaah!!! So many questions! Lol

Last edited:

Mrbert

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
I ordered an iPad Pro 1TB w/cellular from Verizon 3 weeks ago and it’s supposed to ship tomorrow. I haven’t seen any change in my order status as it’s still “processing”. From the online stock checking that I’ve done it looks like there are plenty of lower capacity iPads available just about everywhere, but the 512/1TB are harder to find.

Never mind

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2018
Dunedin, Florida
Canceled order from Apple because of a three week waiting. So I went immediately to Best Buy and picked one up right away. Saw the guy unlatch the cage were they were kept in there were many.

concept32

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2018
I have a few friends that were going to pick one up each. 4 Bought the 11" model, 3 returned after trying it out. Didn't think it was worth the upgrade over the 10.5". They use it in addition to their laptops and didn't see the value for what they use it for. There was stock in the apple stores when they initially purchased.

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2013
All the Apple stores in my state won’t be getting any until first week in December. I ordered mine when they announced and got mine on the 9th. I wasn’t expecting it until the 13th.

Two Stacks

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
New Orleans
youd be surprised how many people DONT know this new ipad is out. it doesnt get marketed like the iphones. my store has only gotten in about 15 or so since launch. i had an 11 and saw a customer with a 12.9 and swapped. for me this new 12.9 pro is the perfect size for ME for a tablet. i got a 256 to future proof myself cause I will basicially have it set up like my phone in terms of whats on there.

Reactions: asfalloth

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Are the Keyboard adds out of stock too in the US?

Wondering why there is a supply problem for the keyboard case.

It got sold out in a couple of days in HK.

clarencek

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
Here in nyc the 12.9 inch version is hard to come by and mostly sold out until mid December. The 11 inch version is widely available.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Here in nyc the 12.9 inch version is hard to come by and mostly sold out until mid December. The 11 inch version is widely available.

In HK both models are selling well but the 11” models are more easily available.

12.9” models are selling better.

va1984

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2011
Last week I sat at a coffee shop in the major NYC university I teach at. There were maybe 20 people there. 3 — including me - were working on the their new iPad Pro. New York is New York of course but I’d say it’s selling very well indeed. ;-)
[doublepost=1542837436][/doublepost]Surprised to hear this. I got my 12.9 on release day and after the holiday returns period started I bought an 11” just to compare them (bad move, now I want to keep both!) and at that moment in time most 256GB+ 12.9” models were available for immediate pick up at the UWS store.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
iPhone XS Max is just slightly smaller than the iPad Mini. It’s one of the reasons for me to not consider the 11” iPad Pro this year.

I do not understand that reasoning. I have both the MAX and the 11 iPad Pro and they are different as night and day. For me the mini is not even a consideration unless updated and even then I would prefer the 11.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.