is the new iphone 4gen will support hspa+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by big samm, Apr 27, 2010.

1. big samm macrumors 65816

i wonder if the new iphone will support the latest hspa+ 14mbps.. ?
    what do you guys think?

2. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

If it did have it would be just a number to slap on the box.

I don't see AT&T ever using hspa+, I think they are going to be moving over to a 4g network, before the current 7.2mbps becomes a problem. Don't hold me to this, it just seems like what I have heard.

My iPhone 3GS has never seen a 7.2 mbps speed, Even if AT&T says all towers are now upgraded to the speed.

My 3g speed maxes out at 1.8mbps at 3am, and average about 200kbps at 3pm.

So advertising such a speed is a joke.

The move from 3.6mbps 3G to 7.2mbps 3G made zero difference in speed for me.

3. profets macrumors 68040

i'm hoping for hspa+ 21mbps and wifi tethering.. though i'm sure it wont happen

4. big samm thread starter macrumors 65816

i hope you know that att is not the only carrier on the planet buddy... im with rogers in Canada and we had hspa+ for many months now... that's why im asking this question... On rogers i get 3 to 5 mbps easy.... so im sure with it will be way faster on hspa+

5. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

I'm with Bell in Canada, where they just launched their HSPA+ network in the fall. I can normally get 2595 kbps on my iPhone. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

Bell advertises speed up to 21 mbps, but that's more for their wireless access sticks.

The best part about their network is my iPhone is only ever connected on 3G, so it's always pretty quick.

6. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

If your iphone ever reached 7.2 mbps then most likely the battery life would be very low. So 7.2 is the theoretical limit of the network but real world mbps will be alot lower.