Is the new jailbreak tethered?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by acidraindrop, Aug 4, 2010.

1. acidraindrop macrumors member

So like once its jailbroken if the phone turns off does it need to be hooked up to a computer or something to boot it or does it boot just like normal?

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

3. acidraindrop thread starter macrumors member

Ive looked at the guides and they dont mention anything about it. I ask because i remember reading somewhere that it was tethered but I dont think it is. Cant really find an answer.

4. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Then your reading comprehension skills need a lot of work...

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

5. HXGuy macrumors 68000

How could it be tethered? You don't even need a computer when you jailbreak it the first time!

6. acidraindrop thread starter macrumors member

Lol stupid question I guess. When I jailbroke my 3GS it was with redsnow so it was tethered but im selling it now and I want to sell it jailbroken and unlocked without the need to boot it tethered. How should I go about doing this? I think if I restore it ill need to have a sim in it in order to use the phone which I dont have since my service got transferred to the microsim in my iphone 4. So does anyone have an idea of how I should go about updating and applying the new jailbreak on the 3GS?

7. acidraindrop thread starter macrumors member

Does anyone know if I can activivate the 3gs and deactive the iphone 4 through iTunes after I restore and then reactivate the iphone 4 once I got the 3GS jailbroken and unlocked? I appreciate any help.

8. doolin.nc macrumors member

It's okay, don't bother looking at what someone just quoted for you.

Or read any of the threads on the front page. Or search. Or check the dev teams website...which was also posted.

9. acidraindrop thread starter macrumors member

I dont think you understood what im asking. I know how to perform the new jailbreak. Im trying to find out how to restore my 3GS and perform the new jailbreak on it, because from what I understand once I restore the 3GS I wont be able to do anything on it because it wont have an active sim.

10. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

Know anyone with an iPhone on AT&T?

You could always borrow a sim for 5 minutes....

11. acidraindrop thread starter macrumors member

Sweet I was able to restore it without it asking for a sim. I just left the old sim that was in it before. Now its on 4.0 jailbroken and unlocked ready for sale.