Is the new Mac Pro black or polished aluminum?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Yr Blues, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

The website says polished alum, but people keep saying it's black. I'd love it to be polished alum.

The thing is so amazingly aggressive and minimal, it looks like it belongs in the Batcave. Too bad Ive isn't as good of a GUI designer. iOS 7 looks horrible.

[​IMG]

2. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Funny, I was just thinking about how great iOS7 looks compared to previous versions.

All the pictures I've seen look like glossy black. It could be polished aluminum, then anodized black.

3. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

but anodized black is most always matte. the Pro has a mirrored finish.

4. ltorrelles macrumors newbie

ltorrelles

[​IMG]
    If the website says it's polished aluminium, then it is polished aluminium. I mean, I don't see why they would say something different.

5. cmanderson macrumors regular

cmanderson

It looks better "in motion" than it does in some of the published screenshots. At least to me - and what I saw during the video was impressive (for Apple). I want to see it on the iPad as well, but most of looks have been of the iPhone 5 format.

6. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah, but that pic that use just posted looks black as can be. they shouldn't have used a black room

7. Stetrain macrumors 68040

8. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Those pictures make it look similar to smoked chrome, quite possibly my favorite metal finish.