Is the new MBP that much better for me to upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by littlekenneth, Mar 17, 2008.

1. littlekenneth macrumors member

Hi all,

I have recently purchased the MBP 2.4g about a month ago before the new macbookpro came out. I saw it online 2 days ago, they have made some changes to the computer; eg. multi-touch, LED backlight, and new chips. My question is if the change to the new MPB worth it for me to purchase a new one and sell out my old one? I really like that Apple has invented multi-touch, but i am not sure if they will come out with a software to upgrade our older version mbp. what do you think? Thanks

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Nope. Not worth it.

Even an original MacBook Pro isn't worth upgrading unless it's faulty (which most of them seem to be).

3. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

There's no real point in running out and upgrading unless you're absolutely dying to have a 45nm processor, a slightly larger VRAM memory, or a multi-touch trackpad.

If you've got a 15" MacBook Pro, you've already got a LED back-lit screen, and the 2.4 GHz model already has 256MB of VRAM (which is what you have), which is the same as the new base-model MacBook Pro.

Don't sweat it, just be happy with the computer that you have. It's not like your system is going to stop working or self-destruct just because a new model is out. Enjoy it :)

4. littlekenneth thread starter macrumors member

man, you sound so negative with their products.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

:rolleyes:

It's not worth it.

The extra VRAM isn't worth it 'cause the GPU isn't good enough.