Is the New Shuffle too Simple?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by calebmedia, Mar 17, 2009.

1. calebmedia macrumors member

Apple is good at the "make it simple they will come" thing but have they gone to far this time?

What happens when you loose your head phones?
    Can one remember all the button clicks?
    Is it to small?

In my mind I am seeing people start to flip out and loose years of life over something too simple.

What do you think?

2. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

It would be a no-go for me because I only use the shuffle at the Gym. I don't skip songs, I put on songs that "motivate" me to work hard.

I also need a head set that will stay in my ears when running. The apple ones don't. Who has time ti fiddle when you are working out?

I thought the shuffle was aimed at the work out crowd and this added twist makes it less desirable.

3. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

After playing around with it for a day, I actually find it rather elegant. I use it with the higher-end Apple earphones I purchased last year, so that isn't a huge fuss.

Navigating 1 or 2 GB of music on the previous generation Shuffle was rather clumsy, if you make the right length playlists that make "sense" to you, it's much easier to find something on the new shuffle.

You have volume up or down, double click to track forward, hold down to navigate, pretty simple.

4. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

i think the shuffles in general are too simple. i just think voiceover was a poor idea.

i'd probably go with an older shuffle if i were to choose. however for my workout needs my iPhone (as much as i don't like to get it dirty) and my old nano does the trick

5. kabunaru Guest

6. calebmedia thread starter macrumors member

say that again when they make cell phone small enough to get lost in your pant's pocket lint