Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
My iPhone 5 battery is draining so quickly that I have to charge it twice a day but I still won't downgrade to iOS 6. This is a beta version so it is expected. Almost everything about it is so much better then iOS 6 IMO (many would argue about the icons but am OK with that)

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I"m definitely getting more used to it and certain things are growing on me. However, I still prefer the look and feel of iOS6 right now. It's hard to tell too because you don't know whether some "features" are intended (such as the dots being removed from the calendar) or if they just haven't been implemented in the beta yet.

Running very smooth tho, using it as my everyday driver.

bueller1

Suspended
Jun 13, 2012
I loved it when I saw the keynote but I hated it when I first installed.
Now it's starting to grow on me. I could care less about icons right now, but what really bothers me is the black dividing lines in control center, and the cluster *** that Messages has become. The "< Messages" next to Contact Name in the heading looks terrible. But I have faith. This is going in the right direction, and with some fine tuning everyone complaining right now like it's the end of the world will not look back at iOS6.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Now it's starting to grow on me. I could care less about icons right now, but what really bothers me is the black dividing lines in control center, and the cluster *** that Messages has become. The "< Messages" next to Contact Name in the heading looks terrible. But I have faith. This is going in the right direction, and with some fine tuning everyone complaining right now like it's the end of the world will not look back at iOS6.

They really shouldn't have shipped the beta with that wallpaper, and I agree that there is too much text at the top of the messages app.

bueller1

Suspended
Jun 13, 2012
They really shouldn't have shipped the beta with that wallpaper, and I agree that there is too much text at the top of the messages app.

I'll agree with the fact that it's a little too colorful and bright when looking at it by itself. But after grabbing another iPhone 5 with iOS6 and comparing them side by side I already feel like iOS6 looks like its from 2007.....and well because it is. Unless iOS7 looks exactly the way it does today come Fall, then no one should be whining.

GoGa

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2012
Yes. Hated it with passion when I first saw it & first installed it. Now, after a nearly two days of usage I love it.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Now it's starting to grow on me.

All this for me too. I think I will like the official release when animations are smoother.

I do want 2 things:
1. Make the folder backgrounds match the wallpaper, as they do when you open a folder.
2. Shadow/emboss the app and folder labels on the home screen, so they are easier to read against lighter backgrounds.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
The first time I seen it, I was excited, however, it felt really weird to me. Of course, I knew that it was just because I was so used to the old way. Only after a few days of using it, iOS 6 looks so odd to me.

bueller1

Suspended
Jun 13, 2012
Another thing I can't stand is the look of the buttons when receiving a call. That red text on transparent background is hideous.

SeenJeen

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2009
iOS 7 feels very half-assed and inconsistent at the moment. It'll improve over time, but iOS 6 is much more polished, obviously.

ra4oasis

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
It has really grown on me. I still think the icons could use some work in some cases, and the default background combined with the new color scheme is too candy colored for my taste, but it looks much better with just a nice photo for the background. And the lock screen is deliciously simple and beautiful.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I loved it when I first saw it and now after using it for 2 days, I love it even more!

A very beautifully designed system, looking forward to testing it out on the iPad!

iOS 6 looks very odd and outdated now.

Semester

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2011
My iPhone 5 battery is draining so quickly that I have to charge it twice a day but I still won't downgrade to iOS 6. This is a beta version so it is expected. Almost everything about it is so much better then iOS 6 IMO (many would argue about the icons but am OK with that)

Is battery drain a common problem with this beta?

SeenJeen

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2009
Is battery drain a common problem with this beta?

Yes, since developer debug overhead is running and reporting data back to Apple, and there's some memory leaks, too. I have a 4S, and its much slower than iOS 6... iOS 7 is probably unbearable on the iP4.

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
Isn't it amazing how something new instantly makes the previous thing look old?
Thats how iOS 7 feels to me.
I've always liked it - since the moment they announced it and showed it off.

dt808

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2013
Las Vegas, NV

Have you tried General > reset > reset all settings?

My battery was like that until I did that, now its perfectly normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.