Is the next-generation iPhone on the way?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by omore1234, Jan 30, 2008.

1. omore1234 macrumors member

2. moel macrumors 6502

Umm......

On a scale of 1 to gullible..you hit THE JACKPOT

IT's not coming for at least another 6 months...why would apple even think about releasing the new model before the 18 months on the original contract is up?

3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

ha. There will be an iPhone nano but probably won't have a touch screen. It will be a phone that plays music. Nothing more.

4. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

those pictures have been around for ages!

highly doubt this will become anything!

5. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I kind of a gree with what you are saying about the 18 months but with the last iPhone there was no upgrade. You bought the phone out right and you didn't have to be available for an upgrade of any kind. So technically they can release one when ever they want because people are going to have to pay full price for the phone. Unless they work something out with AT&T to allow for cheaper "upgrade prices".

By the way, I'm not in any way agreeing with the rumors.

6. iphonewiz macrumors regular

Still a lot of milage with current platform

There is still a lot of milage with what we have! With the introduction of the Dev kit next month, I believe the iPhone will be taken to the next level. Beside 3G service and replaceable battery, the current form factor is perfect!

-C

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

iPhone wouldn't be considered an iPhone without the touchscreen. Having something with a smaller design to be considered a "nano iPhone" would be completely useless, not to mention a stupid concept.