Is the next keynote going to be amazing?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Toreddo, May 27, 2011.

1. Toreddo macrumors member

Last couple of years i haven't been really excited anymore about apple's keynote's. And also, i am kinda done with this minor iphone and ipad upgrades, i used to be afraid buying an apple product in the wrong time of the year, afraid of a mayor upgrade coming up and i just bought the gay version. Now i'm not, i can easily skip a version without missing anything mind blowing.

But when i look to the macrumors buyers guide, everything is reaching the end of cycle, are we going to get an old school omg omg omg keynote this year? Like when Mac OSX came out, or the new iMac, or when we went to intel.

What do you guys think?

2. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

I think for fans of OSX it will be a good keynote. Those who just use iPhone/iPad may be disappointed. Then again, desktop users may be pissed OSX UI is becoming more like iOS. I can't wait to see Lion!

3. Toreddo thread starter macrumors member

Yea i can't wait for lion either, but lets not hope its going to be the last but not least :p

4. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

From all indications, Lion looks like an omg omg sort of thing all by itself.

And there will be more. This keynote will set the tone for a lot of things Apple will be doing in the next three years. They'll be wrapping up a lot of previously-delivered things with a new bow, too-- Grand Central Dispatch, MobileMe... you'll start to see a vision coming together, I think.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not really, its more meh, thats it. I waited this long for apple to make OSX more iPad like?
    Where's the resolution independence, where's the modern file system, improved finder, etc.

That's because all those things have really not taken off, so apple needs to hit reset and reintroduce the magical MobileMe that sucks less.

6. Toreddo thread starter macrumors member

I agree, i mean, altough i can't wait for the new osx, its not going to be like leopard. From tiger to leopard was awesome, everything in the os was better, faster and way ahead other operating systems. It seems to me that we are just going to get some extra apps and app updates in Lion.

What really would make me run to the apple store is a retina display in the laptops.
    EDIT: But thats obv not gonna happen if we look at the invitation of wwdc 2011

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No but given the meager consumer facing features in SL, I was hoping for more from apple. Maybe others are excited for what Lion brings and that's cool, but for me I see little real updates to improve my workflow.

No hardware coming from WWDC, plus I never heard that rumor. It would be nice but given the jaw dropping performance that the current crop of MBPs, I don't think we'll see a major update to that line anytime soon. Plus look at the front page of MR, it appears apple may embrace ARM for the MBA (and thus performance will take a giant step backwards).

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Until OS X gets resolution independence you don't want a display anywhere close to that resolution in a laptop. It would be unusable.