Is the "non-issue"(reception loss)dependent on the phone or the user's conductivity?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

So we have people that do have this issue and people that "don't"

IMO more do than don't, but I don't know that for sure at all, just a guess.

I think it's pretty obvious from that (pathetic) response from Apple that the Iphone 4 should not be held at the bottom left, so clearly even those that don't have a problem still have a phone that will lose reception if held at the bottom left. It's the design, Apple is telling you not to bridge those antennas, so even though you don't have the issue, the Iphone 4 by default is sensitive in that area...so you really do have the problem, but maybe your body or skin type will never make it a problem for you.

But does the severity of the problem have more to do with the individual phones or the individual using the phones?

Do different people, different skin types effect electronics differently?

I don't know enough about this subject but was just curious if anyone where did. I hope my early morning ramblings make sense.

Apple made the seams visible, obviously for a reason, so they could be avoided. I'm ok with that now as I love this phone, but I think this "problem" will vary from person to person based on the user, not the phone.

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I don't doubt that individual chemistry could be a factor, albeit a smaller one. I've heard stories of people, and even knew a woman first hand, who could not wear a quartz watch because it would stop dead. Humans are an odd lot of creatures.

3. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

haha wow, so yeah maybe it's PH levels, sweat, who knows.