Is the North American charger compatible with a plug to 240v current?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pritz23, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Pritz23 macrumors member

Pritz23

Is the North American charger compatible with a plug to 240v current?

Is the North American charger compatible with 240v power if a proper plug adapter is used? In other words, can the charger deliver proper output if it is supplied with 240v, instead of 120v, input?

I will be traveling in Asia for few months and i wanted to bring few apple gadgets
    Macbook pro early 2015
    Ipad Air 2
    Iphone SE

Just wondering if i can directly charge to to 240 volts with their current chargers or do i need to purchase some tyro of converter

2. SteveJUAE, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017

SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Yes no problem, most good consumer electrical goods particularly phones/laptops chargers accept 110v to 240V

Just read the small print on your charger brick it will specify acceptable range :)

When I lived in the US a particularly source products like Bose that worked internationally

3. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Yes, true. Bought a few laptops for people from Europe and all they needed was the different plug.

4. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Yep the typical 2 prong flat pin US plug often needs no plug adapter in Asia, not so in UK that use 3 pin squares or 2 pin rounds more common in Europe

Most good hotels little shop sell the local adaptors

5. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

6. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

I have those adapters not because I bought them but they use to be bundled along with the extension cable when we use to buy our Mac's in the middle east