Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Waiting with bated breath for a WWDC Mac Pro reveal... for the past five WWDC's in a row!

The evidence is circumstantial, but I'm hopeful:

A few weeks ago while researching eGPU options I came across a forum thread over an Nvidia job post from last year looking for an engineer to develop OSX drivers for their latest products.

It's been known for a few years now over on the Reduser.net forums that RED had been working with Apple, sharing technology, and was strongly implied that they were consulting on a modular high-bandwidth system, since that's basically what a Red DSMC camera is.

Then, this posted on Instagram: Jarred Land of Red talking up their new partnership with Nvidia which can use GPU acceleration to playback 8k footage in realtime. Someone asked what he'd recommend as an eGPU for MBP users. Classic Jarred response in the screenshot below -

Is it time to actually expect some pro user love??

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 16.30.55.png

Jul 4, 2015
Paris
'A few weeks ago while researching eGPU options I came across a forum thread over an Nvidia job post from last year looking for an engineer to develop OSX drivers for their latest products. '

Choice is cool but that job listing is online almost every day for 5 years. There has been nothing standing in Nvidia's way to release final and official drivers from Yosemite to High Sierra but they never released any official support for 9 or 10 series. You only start making a noise since Mojave.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.