IS the old rumor true?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MEDiphone, Jun 20, 2009.

1. MEDiphone macrumors member

that these iphones are super cool but the phone part is sort of weak?

the ? I have is about the handset volume. i find myself unable to hear the other person on the line if I am not in a quiet area. I was in my truck and then wholefoods the other day and it was hard to hear. Are you guys volume's sort of weak both speaker and normal phone mode? I do have a case on there, I have to take it off and see if it makes it any better....

thoughts? Should I got to the apple store and compare to make sure it is not the phone?
    I hate having to strain to hear the other caller...
    cheers

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes, definitely take it to the store for comparison. I think the volume on mine is OK and my first concert was KISS. Because the phone is flat there isn't a good way to validate the position on your ear. I found that moving the phone a little bit made a huge difference.

3. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

Yeah weakest part of the iPhone - all of the iPhones - is the crappy phone and often times crappy reception. Especially if your AT&T. It's easily overlooked if you don't really need it to be a phone! :eek:

4. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Agree. I find myself having to turn it down when I'm holding it right.

5. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Yeah, I'd recommend using those headphones for longer calls. Apple makes the nicer 70.00 ones that actually have volume control working on the new iPhones...For shorter phone calls, just move around a bit.

Speakerphone unfortunately drains the battery much faster.