is the only way to get iphone 4 online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XRanger7, Jul 24, 2010.

1. XRanger7 macrumors newbie

Is there any way I can do walk-in to buy iphone 4? or do I have to order it online and wait? I live in san diego area btw

2. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

Not in my town. (The DC area) Every Apple and AT&T store, along with Best Buy and RadioShack are out.

I ordered mine yesterday, and I'm done with it. I'd rather not waste time calling stores every day to check their inventory.

When AT&T gets one, they'll send it to me. :) I'm hoping it's sooner than later.

To answer your question: it's not IMPOSSIBLE to get one in-store, but it'll take a lot of work. Online ordering will make it simple and painless - you'll just have to be patient...

Hope that helps!

3. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

This makes me feel even better about my choice to order from AT&T. I'm also in the DC area and really I just assumed there wouldn't be any available at any of the local stores. Ordering really takes the hassle out of trying to find one.

4. parker770 macrumors member

I was able to walk in to Walmart the day after release and buy an iP4 without issue. It is amazing that people are still having issues getting one in a timely manner, a month after release...

5. candyman macrumors regular

I had no luck either today. Went to an Apple Store, called 4 of the other 5 in the area. No walk in sales. Stopped into an AT&T store, nada.

So, I signed up on the priority wait list as the Apple Store. Was told it should be in within the week.

6. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

I'm in the DC area and got my name on a priority list yesterday at 4pm and received my pick-up email early this morning.

From what I read in other posts and BGR there were huge shipments sent to Apple stores this weekend. I would try to get on a priority list before ordering online. Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

7. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

You can call your local Apple Stores/Walmarts/RadioShacks/Best Buys to see if they have any in stock. If not you can always put your name on the reservation list.

8. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I put my name down on the priority list yesterday at my closest Apple store and got the email that it was in today. I had to wait in line for like an bhour and a half at the store, but it was worth it. This was at a very busy, popular store in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Before putting myself on the list yesterday I called around to a bunch of AT&T stores, Radio Shacks and Best Buy to no avail.