Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XRanger7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
Is there any way I can do walk-in to buy iphone 4? or do I have to order it online and wait? I live in san diego area btw

NoCleverSNForMe

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2003
Is there any way I can do walk-in to buy iphone 4? or do I have to order it online and wait? I live in san diego area btw

Not in my town. (The DC area) Every Apple and AT&T store, along with Best Buy and RadioShack are out.

I ordered mine yesterday, and I'm done with it. I'd rather not waste time calling stores every day to check their inventory.

When AT&T gets one, they'll send it to me. :) I'm hoping it's sooner than later.

To answer your question: it's not IMPOSSIBLE to get one in-store, but it'll take a lot of work. Online ordering will make it simple and painless - you'll just have to be patient...

Hope that helps!

hryan4740

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
NoVA
Not in my town. (The DC area) Every Apple and AT&T store, along with Best Buy and RadioShack are out.

I ordered mine yesterday, and I'm done with it. I'd rather not waste time calling stores every day to check their inventory.

When AT&T gets one, they'll send it to me. :) I'm hoping it's sooner than later.

To answer your question: it's not IMPOSSIBLE to get one in-store, but it'll take a lot of work. Online ordering will make it simple and painless - you'll just have to be patient...

Hope that helps!

This makes me feel even better about my choice to order from AT&T. I'm also in the DC area and really I just assumed there wouldn't be any available at any of the local stores. Ordering really takes the hassle out of trying to find one.

parker770

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
I was able to walk in to Walmart the day after release and buy an iP4 without issue. It is amazing that people are still having issues getting one in a timely manner, a month after release...

candyman

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I had no luck either today. Went to an Apple Store, called 4 of the other 5 in the area. No walk in sales. Stopped into an AT&T store, nada.

So, I signed up on the priority wait list as the Apple Store. Was told it should be in within the week.

sydia21

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
Washington, DC

Hope that helps!

I'm in the DC area and got my name on a priority list yesterday at 4pm and received my pick-up email early this morning.

From what I read in other posts and BGR there were huge shipments sent to Apple stores this weekend. I would try to get on a priority list before ordering online. Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Block

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
You can call your local Apple Stores/Walmarts/RadioShacks/Best Buys to see if they have any in stock. If not you can always put your name on the reservation list.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I put my name down on the priority list yesterday at my closest Apple store and got the email that it was in today. I had to wait in line for like an bhour and a half at the store, but it was worth it. This was at a very busy, popular store in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Before putting myself on the list yesterday I called around to a bunch of AT&T stores, Radio Shacks and Best Buy to no avail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.