Is the "Order Received" the Confirmation E-mail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bleighv, Jun 16, 2010.

1. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

The title says it all,

Is the "Order Received" e-mail also the confirmation e-mail? I'm a little confused.

I ordered from AT&T Premier and the e-mail I received was entitled "AT&T Premier Order Received". Enclosed was my order number, activation number, and a summary of the iPhone 4 I pre-ordered.

Thanks in advanced :)

2. topher2889 macrumors regular

topher2889

That's all I got so I assume so.

3. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

That's what I assumed too but with all the talk about confirmation e-mails, I thought it wouldn't hurt to be sure and ask.

4. KratosKilla macrumors regular

That's all I got and both of my orders are backorders. Does anyone know if that will change? I ordered at 4:53 AM EST through AT&T Premier.

5. myfoneisdank macrumors regular

thats all i got as well. but when i check the order status, it says "attention!" between received and shipped, and on the deeper order status page through the att account summary page my order isn't even the system/i can't access any information.

i'm pretty worried that people in my boat are going to get screwed.

6. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

That's all I have, but I did not receive my e-mail until 4:53 PM.

7. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Mine says Order Acknowledgement. I assume that's the right confirmation email.

Edit: I ordered through Apple.

8. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

Well it seems like the e-mail I received is, in fact, the confirmation e-mail as well. If anyone hears different, please let me know via this thread. Thanks everyone for the fast replies :)

9. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I just want to know one thing, if I didn't recieve my confirmation email, did my pre order still went thru???and I also viewed my app store reservation online and there was nothing there sooo??

10. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

no confirmation email = no reservation.

this happened to me.

ordered 1st one, got confirmation email.

ordered 2nd one, no confirmation email.

called apple store, they saw my 1st reservation, not 2nd.

re-reserved 2nd one, got confirmation email.

called apple store again, they saw both reservations.

therefore, no confirmation email = no iPhone

11. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Ok thanks for the clarification.

12. topher2889 macrumors regular

topher2889

at least you can check to see if yours are backordered through the att order status site. I can only see the premier status page which tells me it is "processing". It gives me an error when I try to use my phone number on the regular att status page:confused: seems like others have this problem.

13. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

no problem, sorry man if it didn't go through for you. i'd be pretty bummed out.

14. KratosKilla macrumors regular

What does the AT&T Premier Confirmation email look like? I got an order received email yesterday morning at 4:53 AM when I ordered. Now it says Processing on the business order status and Backordered on the other order status checker. Am I in trouble or has anyone else who's ordered around my time had issues?

15. topher2889 macrumors regular

topher2889

It'll all be ok :cool:

The email you got is the confirmation don't worry about it being backordered. It happened with the 3gs preorders too and they seem to have made it to peoples home by launch day.

16. coasterswim macrumors 6502

This is the one (I hope) everyone is talking about:

Thank you for your purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Pre-orders will be fulfilled beginning June 24, 2010. Orders will ship on a first-come, first-served basis. We will notify you by email when your order ships. Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

Note: Do not attempt to active your device until you have received it.

You can view the status of your order (https://www.wireless.att.com/business/order_status/) in AT&T Premier Online Store at any time.

17. aneftp macrumors 601

You should be fine if you received an "order received email".

I have ordered more than 30 phones via ATT premiere the past 6 years so I know how it works.

Now if you received an "order received" followed by another email 2-10 minutes later (ordered cancelled), than the order did not go through.

I ordered 3 iphones around 4am eastern time when it opened.

My 1st and 3rd orders kept on getting the "ordered received" and than "ordered cancelled follow up emails a few minutes later"

Somehow my 2nd order via Premiere never got the canceled order. I verified this by using the web order number and the link premier gives you. On my cancelled emails, I verified with the order status and they really were cancelled.

On that 2nd order that never received the order cancellation email, it shows up on the order status as "processing"

So I am good with that 2nd order:

As a final note: I went the ATT corp. store around 1020am yesterday and placed my 1st and 3rd orders at the store. It was a 2 hour wait cause the sytems were so slow. But totally worth it.

So I have 3 iphone 4's all confirmed.

18. KratosKilla macrumors regular

Do phone purchases usually show up as back order and processing at the same time? Am I good based on your past dealings with AT&T Premier?