is the radio in the ipod nano a preview of a new iphone feature?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waywardsage, Oct 5, 2009.

1. waywardsage macrumors 6502

waywardsage

now that i've seen the new radio DVRish feature in the new nano i can't help but wonder if this will be built into the next iteration of the iphone.

I remember a rumor months ago about circuit boards that had a built in radio tuner being shipped to Apple. People at time time thought this was for the "new" iphone at the time. The 3Gs came out, without radio.

Does anyone thing this is likely to be included next? What other cool aditions could they include that would be probable?

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

well, it's anyone's guess, but I think not. I don't really know why I say that; I just think that's going to be ipod-only. Would be nice, but at least we can stream internet radio on the iphone, so that's almost as good.

3. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Almost as good? Heck, its a LOTTT better!!! I would choose Slacker and Pandora over regular old radio stations any day!!! It's all about customization and you can't do that with radio stations.

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'd love a radio on the iPhone. Prior to the release of the latest nano, I thought that a radio would never appear on an iPhone but now I'm a little hopeful.

It's not the music but live news that I'd like to have access to if I needed it. Streaming radio frankly sucks on the iphone since it relies on the data connection. AT&T service is so awful that the iPhone would essentially be a brick during an emergency.