Is the RAM in RMBP upgradable at apple store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blueteeth, Jun 13, 2012.

1. blueteeth macrumors newbie

Hello,

I know that the RAM in RMBP is not user upgradable, but can we upgrade it at the apple store? or it's completed soldered on the motherboard so it can never be upgraded?

Thanks!

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

It's soldered. The only way to upgrade would be to replace the entire logic board.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it's not upgradable at all. Order what you need at the time of purchase.

4. aoaaron macrumors 6502

doubt it.

when you need more RAM,

they want you to buy a new macbook.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

You can't upgrade at a later date. Need to order whatever your desired configuration is off the bat

6. n8236 macrumors 65816

Apple was pretty shady w/ the upgrades. They knew the $2,199 machine would sell best so it didn't give it any SSD upgrade options.

Attached Files:

7. MrManwelo macrumors member

So will the SSD be upgradable after? I know it has a new attachment or something that is different to current 3rd Parties.

I bought the standard base model retina Macbook pro yesterday with 8gb RAM. Today i'm wondering if i should have got a 16GB upgrade. Do you think i should cancel and order? Will i see a noticeable difference? Any advice is appreciated. :confused:

8. FastEddiebags macrumors 6502

Everyone always says it, 8gb is enough for most users, and yes the sdd is upgradable. Just keep it and upgrade your hd when you have the money and the time.

9. n8236 macrumors 65816

OWC will make a kit for the SSD, but it'll still cost an arm and a leg.