Is the RAM in RMBP upgradable at apple store?

blueteeth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Hello,

I know that the RAM in RMBP is not user upgradable, but can we upgrade it at the apple store? or it's completed soldered on the motherboard so it can never be upgraded?

Thanks!

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
It's soldered. The only way to upgrade would be to replace the entire logic board.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hello,

I know that the RAM in RMBP is not user upgradable, but can we upgrade it at the apple store? or it's completed soldered on the motherboard so it can never be upgraded?

Thanks!
No, it's not upgradable at all. Order what you need at the time of purchase.

MrManwelo

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2010
So will the SSD be upgradable after? I know it has a new attachment or something that is different to current 3rd Parties.

I bought the standard base model retina Macbook pro yesterday with 8gb RAM. Today i'm wondering if i should have got a 16GB upgrade. Do you think i should cancel and order? Will i see a noticeable difference? Any advice is appreciated. :confused:

FastEddiebags

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2012
NJ
Everyone always says it, 8gb is enough for most users, and yes the sdd is upgradable. Just keep it and upgrade your hd when you have the money and the time.

n8236

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2006
So will the SSD be upgradable after? I know it has a new attachment or something that is different to current 3rd Parties.

I bought the standard base model retina Macbook pro yesterday with 8gb RAM. Today i'm wondering if i should have got a 16GB upgrade. Do you think i should cancel and order? Will i see a noticeable difference? Any advice is appreciated. :confused:
OWC will make a kit for the SSD, but it'll still cost an arm and a leg.