Is the Red iPhone 7/7 Plus color permanent or limited edition.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by keenbean, Mar 26, 2017.

1. keenbean macrumors newbie

My contract ends next March and I was wondering if I'm able to get the 7 Plus in Red if it remains permanent. Don't ask me about why I'm getting the color Red.

2. blaine07 macrumors 68000

Nothing is guaranteed. Could drop/go away with the 7S/8 series or could remain. I'd imagine it's around a few iterations myself, but no gurantees.

3. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

If (PRODUCT)RED does stick around on the iPhones, I think it is almost certain it will be exclusive to the latest model - so a year from now, there won't be a RED iPhone 7 in production, instead it will be the 7s or 8 or whatever in my opinion.

However, we might not see a RED model during the launch quarter at all. Apple is under such intense pressure in terms of year-on-year iPhone profit and revenue comparisons and the donation element will be significant in a launch quarter on a popular colour. Even if the donation is just 5%, that will be a significant downward pressure on the figures when Cook's job is to report record revenue and profit.

Don't be surprised if the RED model becomes a yearly mid-cycle release.

4. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Why are you getting the color red ?

5. keenbean thread starter macrumors newbie

Red is my favorite color. I don't care if the front of the iPhone is white. It looks like a candy cane.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

None of the iPhone colors are permanent, similarly how Space Gray was discontinued. It's all speculation how long it will last. But being its new, I would guess at least a year.

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

^
    I sort of agree, yet believe the silver/white will always be around.

8. zohaali146 macrumors regular

Yes you are right, it does look like a candy cane, it could have been looked fantastic if it was full red

9. iphonehype macrumors 6502

Just keep an eye out.....when the iPhone 8 or what ever it is is launched & if red is dropped place your order for online via an carrier for the red for left over stock.