Carrier Is the replacement unit brand new or refurbished?

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2013
Hey guys, so I need to exchange my black 7 Plus ( have dust under camera glass). I ordered a new one and plan to return this current one but the wait time for the new units is 3-4 weeks from now. If I contact Apple for an exchange, will they give me a brand new unit or a refurbished one? Eventually all replacement are refurbished but at the moment I figured it'd be too soon for refurbished but better safe than sorry....

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
Hey guys, so I need to exchange my black 7 Plus ( have dust under camera glass). I ordered a new one and plan to return this current one but the wait time for the new units is 3-4 weeks from now. If I contact Apple, will you give me a brand new unit or a refurbished one? Eventually all replacement are refurbished but at the moment I figured it'd be too soon for refurbished but better safe than sorry....
IF you ordered a new one through apple.com, it will be brand new. And if you return the current one make sure you include everything upon returning.

lpuniverse

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2014
Hey guys, so I need to exchange my black 7 Plus ( have dust under camera glass). I ordered a new one and plan to return this current one but the wait time for the new units is 3-4 weeks from now. If I contact Apple for an exchange, will they give me a brand new unit or a refurbished one? Eventually all replacement are refurbished but at the moment I figured it'd be too soon for refurbished but better safe than sorry....
When you return a phone for an OCD issue in your head. Then you will get a refurb.