Is the sale Apple has now...?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

Can I get the current Apple education/college sale at any time of the year? I mean, is it just an education discount they are promoting, or are they cutting the prices even more?

Thanks.

2. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

The education discount is all year long. I got it in January a couple years ago.

However, at least where I am, a limited time offer is that Apple is offering a $110 gift card until Sept. 9

I'm not sure of the areas this is running in, but that offer will ended.

3. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

The gift card promo is usually only during the back to school season. The education discounts run all year. I took advantage of it last October.

4. gerasimos33 macrumors newbie

In UK the gift card back to school promo is available until 9 September.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The gift card promo is quickly drawing to a close as we enter the month of September. The education discount is a price reduction for students that runs all year long.

If you want to save a little money and/or get the gift card, jump on it now :)

6. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

If you arein the States, always check the AppleInsider price lists (with and without Apple Care). You can very often find a much better total cost (price, sales tax, shipping) from an online retailer like MacMall, B&H, or Adorama that you can by paying retail (with sales tax) to Apple even with their ed or business discount.

A few weeks back I got my new rMBP for $600 off plus free AppleCare at Adorama.

Go to www.appleinsider.com and look for the price guide link at the top of the page. Their server is down this morning for maintenance. Try later today or tomorrow morning.

7. erure macrumors regular