is the screen as tough as they say?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by brvheart, Jan 18, 2008.

1. brvheart macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I just got this beauty of an iPhone yesterday, I cut the tab off the factory face protector and poked holes in the speaker so I can hear. I read that screen is pretty tough as far as it not scratching due to keys etc...is this true? If so I will take off the cover and not worry about it until I can get a case with screen protectors.

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

It's true. The screen is surprisingly resistant to scratches.

3. brvheart thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you for the reply :)

I read more online and everything says it should be ok...

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Search here and the Apple forums and you will find lots of posts from people who have suddenly discovered their screen has scratches on it. It's tough but not scratch proof or shatter proof.

5. nsilva macrumors member

nsilva

People with scratches on their iPhone screen are the people that have no care for anything, and try really hard to break things they pay good money for.

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Possibly, but I doubt that's the case for everyone with a scratched screen.