Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john arnie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2016
my IPhone 5 screen went black, 10 min earlier working fine, then went to use it was dim and went dark. everything works but cant do anything. cant reboot because of find my phone. need help is the screen dead or bad?? I can turn on and off and my ITunes can see it

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
my IPhone 5 screen went black, 10 min earlier working fine, then went to use it was dim and went dark. everything works but cant do anything. cant reboot because of find my phone. need help is the screen dead or bad?? I can turn on and off and my ITunes can see it
Can't reboot because of find my iPhone? Can you elaborate?

john arnie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2016
yes my iTunes cant reboot because of the cloud and find my phone is on. I was trying to reboot it. the phone jest went black for no reason. so may be the screen is bad??

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
yes my iTunes cant reboot because of the cloud and find my phone is on. I was trying to reboot it. the phone jest went black for no reason. so may be the screen is bad??
Have you tried resetting it by holding the lock and home buttons together for a while (like 30 seconds) until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen? Have you tried plugging it into charger for a while to see if it starts charging?

john arnie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2016
yes it turns off and on when holding down the buttons no apple logo no nothing.it will charge my iTunes says so

john arnie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2016
when I plug into my ITunes, it either sees it or not
[doublepost=1480737313][/doublepost]I can see my photos or not

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
when I plug into my ITunes, it either sees it or not
[doublepost=1480737313][/doublepost]I can see my photos or not
I guess it sounds like something's going on with the screen in that case.

john arnie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2016
this is what I was thinking when I went to turn on the screen was dim and went black I had someone call and it rang but could not answer it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.