iPad Is the screen distortion a big issue?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ev0d3vil, May 1, 2015.

1. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

as above. Tried some review units at shops, and seems like all of them has the distortion when i press hard on the back..

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Don't press hard on the back and the screen won't distort. I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, but pressing hard on the back causes the press to transfer to the screen on such a thin device.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Have to second that. Not sure why you would want to apply that kind of pressure to the back of it in the first place. I could see someone having an issue if they were touching the screen and were seeing the distortion. But it would seem like you are looking for a problem by applying excessive pressure to a device that is not intended to take that force.

4. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I played with the Air 2 in a store for the first time yesterday, and I definitely think this "distortion" issue is overblown. It requires that you press firmly in a specific area of the iPad. You would never see this distortion during normal use.

5. Ev0d3vil thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyway, sold off my 4, because i was annoyed with the lack of ram and safari tab reloading. The web surfing experience is now better definitely ! the screen, looks bright and nice and not such distortion issue, definitely overblown.