Is the screen quality not as good anymore?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bbplayer5, Oct 2, 2013.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Maybe because I can from a GS4, but I can see pixel lines on this phone. Everywhere I look I see vertical lines of pixels, like the refresh rate is too low or something. Its more noticeable in video or when opening up folders. Also, when I look away from the screen and then back, I see them. I don't recall ever seeing this on any Apple retina display before. Is anyone else having this issue?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Which iPhone?

I've never had any such issues on my toys, the 4S, 5 and 5s.

As a matter of fact, I was just thinking that for some reason, my 5s seems to have a much better screen than my 5 did, but that could be due to the fact that it's got a much cooler color calibration than my 5 did.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'm sensing the same compared to my 4S screen, although the color temp is about the same. Seems a bit richer/vibrant.

bbplayer5: if you're seeing "pixel lines" on a 326ppi display either you have significantly better eyesight than the rest of the population or there's something wrong with your phone. I'd recommend trying to see other copies of the phone and comparing to determine if it's your phone, the content, or in fact superior eyesight. :)

4. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Its the 5s. The only way I can describe is it to look at a PenTile matrix LCD with lower pixel density. Looks kinda the same to me, but obviously not as drastic. I dont recall ever seeing it on the iPhone 5 :\

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I'm well aware of what that looks like, having been using computers since the old ones that used cassette tapes! LOL

However, no my 5s is fine and the display is gorgeous, as I said, it's better than my 5 was.

You may want to bop into a store and compare yours to the others.