Is the screen really that inferior to the MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by PoloDude, Jan 17, 2009.

1. PoloDude macrumors newbie

Is it true the MacBook Pro has a screen that has far better quality than its little brother, the MacBook?

2. jfriedman8 macrumors 6502

Yes. I got rid of my Alu Macbook after I saw how much better the MBP's screen is. just look at the Background with the Earth in them. The MBP blacks are black and the MB look greyish. It's unreal how drastic the difference is.

3. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

The difference is striking with dark backgrounds and when watching videos fullscreen. Honestly, though, for normal office work, viewing photos, surfing the web, no it's really not that big a difference.

4. gotzaiPhone macrumors member

Honestly, it depends on what you're coming from. If its the last gen mac book or a lot of cheaper PC notebooks, the new mac book's screen is an improvement. However, there is a noticable difference at any angle but straight on.

For me, I came from a HP pavillion dv1000 notebook and the new mac book blows it out of the water. I actually had to fire up the HP recently to get some files and it did not look good at all and that notebook has a glossy screen too.

So, short story long... compared to the new MBP, yes, its different. But on the scale of screens everywhere, its still better than most.