Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Urindanger

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Has anyone used SeeThru SATIN for MacBook Air? MBA has been scratched during use? Are you satisfied? Do we need to be worried that the case will scratch the MBA on top or bottom?

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I agree these cases are ugly and ruin the beauty of the MBA. However, some of us use ours in circumstances where we need/want some extra protection. I have Speck See-thru Satins for our MBP's but tried a Kuzy rubberized case off Amazon for my new MBA. I really like it for less $$ than the Speck. It's similar in quality and sheer so your Apple logo is visible. Only thing it's missing is a Speck logo.:rolleyes:

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
florida
I used a Speck see through hard case on my 2011 ultimate air and it was decent in the fact that it protected it. Now I use a case crown. I for one cant fathom how people spend thousands on this beauty and dont protect it. With this case or any case the big advantage is that you can place it where ever you want without the fear of aluminum scratching. Aluminum contrary to fanboy belief, does scratch very easily and it would be sad if mine did.

Just go look at the new chargers at the Apple Store and how bruised up they look!

jacob-07

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
I had a clear speck case on my air for a few months and it did not scratch my air. I've since then removed it and put a wrapsol skin on it.

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
If you've got it sitting on your desk all the time then probably not but for people on the go, it has definitely saved mine from plenty of scratches/dents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.