Is the SGP Ultra Thin Matte any less slippery than the glossy version?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by FooDog11, Jan 15, 2011.

1. FooDog11 macrumors newbie

I remember reading one poster's opinion, in one of the long threads, that the matte was NOT less slippery, but I'm interested in getting additional opinions before possibly ordering.

'Cuz I'm loving the glossy black Ultra Thin but it slips right out of my hand (or pocket or purse) ALL THE TIME. This hasn't happened with any other case I've tried.

I did try the Incase Snap soft touch, but it didn't fit right (with only front screen protector) and it felt not nearly as refined as the SGP. The more rounded edges of the SGP, the cool side button cutouts, the amazing fit and the slightly better lay-on-the-table-ness just make it feel so much better than the Incase did, to me. I could live without the logo cutout on the back, but it's not a deal breaker.

So.....try the matte version of the Ultra Thin?? Or keep looking??

2. Austin M., Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011

Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I'd say keep looking, matte isn't always grippier from my expierence.

3. MainStream macrumors member

MainStream

Bought the matte version hoping the same thing. Unfortunately the answer is no.

4. FooDog11 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. 27spots macrumors newbie

The SGP ultra thin matte is stupidly slippery. I put two thin strands of grip tape on the lower sides of the case and it makes for a huge improvement.

Love the sleekness, but that in no way makes up for this huge design flaw. Why make such a strong and durable case if it easily slips out of your hands?