Is the "shipping to store" option usually early?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by StrangeMagic66, Jul 21, 2014.

1. StrangeMagic66 macrumors newbie

I am a long time Apple customer. I usually have it shipped to my home but given that I will not be around to sign for it and work in another county where there is an Apple store, I decided to have it shipped to the Apple Store where I can pick i up on my break.

I called Apple late this afternoon when I noticed that it had been prepping for shipment since Friday. I was told first that it was shipping out of California, then she called me back to tell me it was actually shipping out of Pennsylvania. I noticed that Apple updated the order to "Shipping to Store" but the date it can be picked up is one day later than what they initially predicted.

I so hate to be the impatient whiner but I actually bought it as a birthday present to myself. I mistakingly didn't ask for expedited shipping because I wanted to save $$$ and assumed that I would get it within a few days (like all my previous orders with Apple) and my birthday was just under a week from when I placed the order. I'm hoping I will still get it by my bday but according to their pickup date, I won't.

I assume that Apple ships bulk orders to the store. Do they ship ground? I didn't get a tracking number so I have no way of tracking my computer.

Anyone with experience ordering "ship to store".

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

In my experience, Apple's shipping estimates are usually either spot on or a bit pessimistic (by a day or two).