Is the Slingbox the way forward for TV on a Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by koops, Jul 12, 2007.

1. koops macrumors regular

Has anyone got a singbox for their macbook pro / macbook? I just have a couple of questions:

1) - what is the quality of TV like?

2) - has anyone linked it to a skyplus box?

3) - can you view another channel at home and whilst watching a differnet chanel on on the laptop?

anyone who can provide feedback on the slingbox would be much appreciated!

P.S: I didn't consider eyetv because i take it you would have to carry an aerial around with you and the recption would not be that good? please correct me if im wrong?

2. pavvento macrumors 6502

I've been using the SlingBox for a while and just got a MBP a month ago and it works great. The quality is incredible. I've never used anything else so I don't know what to compare it to, especially the specific ones you were asking about. when using the slingbox it is the same thing as actually using your home tv, so you cannot watch one thing on your slingbox and something else on your tv, the slingbox controls your cable box. You can, however, watch the slingbox and regular tv at the same time, provided both you and the person at your tv want to watch the same program.

3. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

I love my slingbox! works great with my Virgin Media box... a must for every student! (I watch my stuff at uni via my box at home - no extra tv licence required!)

4. koops thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for both of your replies - very helpful, I think I will invest in one once my credit card has recoverd the shock of the MBP purchase! so Can someone as home watch regular tv while I watch cable on the MBP? - sorry if I have misunderstood? or does the person watching the tv always have ot wacth the same as the person viewing on the MBP regardless of whether its normal tv or cable?

Thanks again!