Is the space grey sport the same space grey as the iphone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mostlydave, Apr 8, 2015.

1. mostlydave macrumors regular

The review units all seem to be stainless steel, I'm wondering if the space grey is the same as the iphone 6, it's pretty light but the pictures on Apple's site look pretty dark.

I'm was considering going with the plain aluminum but if space grey is the same as the phone I think I'll stick with that.

Does it look like the space grey would match a brown leather band?

2. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

Lol the more people talking bout the space grey sport, the more worried that I will be waiting 3 months to get my watch.

in terms of color, to me, the space grey sport looks darker than the iPhone 6 space grey. But until I actually get it, i won't know for sure.

in terms of the straps, everyone is different. What i mean is you may like the brown strap with your :apple: watch, but others won't like that combination.

3. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

If it wasn't the same shade of gray, they wouldn't give it the same name. Photos are deceiving.

4. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

You have to be quick. I'm thinkin these will go in a couple minutes. Others will not sell out.

5. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

Thats what i'm afraid of. But will be on and ready to go at 1am mountain time (time zone i'm in) and order it. Like i mentioned on the forums before, i'm expecting to wait at least a month to get mine delivered. Added bonus if I do get it on the 24th. But it beats waiting in a blasted long line at the apple store.

6. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

No.

Here are the same shots from the thread before. It is darker. But by how much, I won't be able to tell until they're both under the same lighting.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Apple is calling it space grey but that is not gaurantee that it will match the space grey phone. The finish can and will vary.

8. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

It does indeed look pretty dark. I think I saw some pics from after the march event where someone held an iPhone and the space grey Watch side-by-side and the watch was indeed a couple shades darker. Maybe my memory's playing tricks on me, but that's what I seem to remember. :)

9. technosix macrumors 6502a

What color an object is, or appears to be is largely based on shape, size and how it's lit by ambient lighting.

Apple Watch is relatively tiny, moving most of the time, has very little flat surface area, all of which means color may not make as much difference as we think.

10. SHKLMRE macrumors regular

It actually is the same shade. Here's a video of a space grey sport:
    http://recode.net/2015/04/08/apple-watch-apps-what-to-expect/

11. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

I don't know what the pluses an minuses of this are?

Is it better to be lighter, as it will take to more bands?

Don't know... :eek:

12. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

Nope. It's noticeably darker even in the video.

13. mostlydave thread starter macrumors regular

I think the iphone space grey would work with a brown leather band, but the watch appears darker to me, so dark that it would look weird with a brown band.

For me lighter is better so I can wear it with a brown or black band, I may me weird but if I'm wearing brown leather shoes I want to have a brown leather band.

14. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

Weird?

No. I'm a male and this sort of accessorizing actually makes sense (in a formal sort of way)

15. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I'm strongly considering the space grey sport even though I have a white iPhone 6P. I think it may look better than the plain aluminum. I'm getting my wife the aluminum sport with the white band and I think I'll be able to use the bigger band from her watch with mine.
    But I'm still debating this. All I know for sure is that the Sport is what I'm going this for the first gen.

16. SHKLMRE macrumors regular

it's still more of a "space gray" than anything on Apple's website.