Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
I have been looking at the Sport Band images. And to me, it doesn't look like it'll be that secure on the wrist. All I see it a small pin and then something to tuck the strap under. I'm slightly concerned this could be easily ripped off or fall off.

Thoughts?

IMO the Classic Buckle, Modern Buckle, and Link Bracelet look the safest.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
do you really think people know this? They wouldn't make something if it wasn't secure... Common sense i would think

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
The Pin is beveled and the strap is a rubber type compound. The hole will be smaller than the Pin and will expand as you push it through the hole and then contract to seal around it.

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
The Pin is beveled and the strap is a rubber type compound. The hole will be smaller than the Pin and will expand as you push it through the hole and then contract to seal around it.

Okay, that makes me less concerned. I had an image of it popping out at any moment and falling off

czecho7

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010
Okay, that makes me less concerned. I had an image of it popping out at any moment and falling off

Could you imagine? I can see the headlines now:
Apple Watch is Great, Except You Can't Keep the Thing On!

That would be a pretty sad situation for a "wearable." I think the chances are high that Apple did enough testing on the bands to make sure Apple Watch won't fall off.

Last edited by a moderator:

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Thoughts?

It's not a new design. Marc Newson who joined Apple to work on the :apple:Watch design team has used an almost identical strap for his Ikepod watches since 1996. I'm sure any problems with the latch coming undone would have been noticed by now.

Marc-Newson-watches-apple-ikepod-4.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.